- Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig
- King Lear by William Shakespeare
- Wise Fools in Shakespeare by R H Goldsmith
- The Lear World by John Reibentanz
- The Fools of Shakespeare by Frederick Warde
- Shakespeare's Motley by Leslie Hotson
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman (re-read)
- Fool by Christopher Moore
- Ms Marvel Vol 1 by Willow G Wilson (re-read)
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Favourite: Everything I Never Told You - there was full on crying when I finished this one, and I tore through it in about a day and a half. Closely followed by Ms Marvel - a re-read with my 9-year-old son who has now declared her his favourite super hero EVER). Oh and The Princess Bride for the most meta fairy story ever to exist.
Least Favourite: Hey, guess what my dissertation's about. I actually enjoyed all my research reading, though Frederick Warde is talking out of his ass. I also felt a bit disappointed by Aftermath, despite loving both Chuck Wendig and the Star Wars EU. It read too much like a screenplay and had waaaaay too many minor/incidental characters to allow me to actually give a shit about the main ones. Kinda like Rogue One (sorry).
Next up: If We Were Villains by M L Rio - and probably not much else because now I have to stop reading and actually WRITE my frickin' thesis.