I'm in the process of researching for my final Masters essay and about to get down and dirty with my dissertation so expect to see a fair amount of Shakespeare and theatre-related books on here from now until September. In the meantime, I'm trying to sneak in as many different genres and authors as I can to stop my brain from imploding.
Here's this month's haul:
- The Paper Magician by Charlie M Holmberg
- Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? by Lorrie Moore
- The First Person and Other Stories by Ali Smith
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Shakespeare's Wordplay by M M Mahood
Favourite: THE POWER! I cannot express how amazing this book is. Read it. Read it now. Then buy another six copies and throw them at people in the street.
Least Favourite: The Paper Magician - but only least fave out of a strong bunch. It's a clever little story and an interesting concept, but it felt a little too YA for me.
Next up: Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre - something I picked up on a whim yeeeeears ago after it won the Booker but never got round to reading.