In 2013, Open Pen published my story, If, Then, in issue eight of their fantastic magazine (my story is on page 9 but I trust you to read the issue and not skip ahead, you impatient little weevils). And then, towards the end of last year, they very kindly posted a review of White Lies. Thank you to Phil Clement and the editors for that – and sorry it’s taken me this long to post about it. Here are a few excuses – choose your favourite:
– I spend too much time swearing at people on the internet (I do get paid for this, I should add, so it’s sort of important)
– I decided to finish my degree for some reason because, you know, I have SO much spare time for such things
– The number of minutes per day I am not attending to the whim of a small child can be counted on my fingers
– I’ve been catching up on American Horror Story on Netflix
– I find it weird and terrifying to market myself
– I forget most things in the time it takes to walk from my computer to the kettle
– What was this post about again? Oh yes, a review. Here it is, if you’ve lasted this long.